Does it matter what Jesus would do?

Welcome Forums Christianity Does it matter what Jesus would do?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

I get so tired of people claiming that they know what Jesus would do. Why should I believe them. I’ve read the Bible daily for better than fifty years and I wouldn’t make that kind of claim. I’m sure they are sincere, but really!

Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

Hey, can’t you give some credit for sincerity, even if it seems wrongheaded?

Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

Sure, sincerity can be very sweet, but shouldn’t defend ignorance. I certainly don’t mind people thinking about what Jesus would do, but when they think they know what it is, I get antsy. I’d much rather learn about him through Bible studies and learning more about where and how he lived than just take the word of the first preacher I ever heard.

Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

My, my, you’re getting hot under the collar. What would you do if you met some young dewy eyed soul wearing one of those bracelets?

Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

If I were my best self, I’d ask them how they know what would Jesus do. That could start a good conversation which would help me move off my nasty knee jerk response. And I know I need to get away from that.

Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

Yes, I noticed that. Do you suppose that’s what Jesus would do?

Kate Campbell
    Keymaster

Drat! You caught me. Yes, you’re right, but I’m not sure that my mind is changed.

webwise
    Keymaster

Certainly something to think about!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.